Current role at University College London includes (since 2016):
- Lead researcher of the #SoftHapticsLab creating (medical) devices made of soft material to ensure safe human-robot interaction and to dramatically innovate and enhance haptic perception when the sense of touch is lost.
- Teacher of the “Control & Instrumentation” and “Vibrations, Acoustics & Control” courses.
- Member of the UCL MechEng Equality and Diversity Committee, Biomechanical Engineering Group and UCL Robotics.
Previous role at King’s College London (from 2012-2015):
- Co-Investigator (Co-I) on two EU projects (FP7 and H2020) with a budget of more than £1.5m.
- Co-Supervisor of two PhD students creating soft, stiffness-controllable manipulators and stiffness sensing for haptic feedback.
- Leader of the Haptics Lab and Soft Robotics Lab of the Centre for Robotics Research.
- Coordinator and leader of research activities within the EU FP7 project STIFF-FLOP (total budget: £5.3m, interdisciplinary team of 12 partners)
- Advisor/mentor of BSc, MSc and PhD students and RAs at King’s CoRe.
- (Co-)Author of over 25 peer-reviewed papers in refereed journals and in international premium conference proceedings in rob
- Research Associate responsible for hard- and software integration of embedded sensors into a medical soft manipulator in ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Teaching Assistant for undergraduate/postgraduate courses giving lectures/tutorials/lab demonstrations: Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM), Robotic Systems.
- Lecturer/mentor for post-16 students from under-represented groups teaching “Mobile robots” (Hands-on lectures using the Khepera mobile robot), K+ widening participation.
- Member of the NMS Equality and Diversity Committee and the NMS Self Assessment Team preparing Athena SWAN silver application.
- Member of organising committees of several international conferences and workshops and organiser of invited STIFF-FLOP demonstrations at the Science Museum, the SCHUNK Expert Days & the British Science Festival.
- Organiser of the 2015 Innovative Surgical Robotics Forum in London in collaboration with the European Commission, the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and Innovate UK.