Soft, stiffness-controllable medical devices, Surgical Research Forum, Coventry, February 2018.
Innovative soft robotic medical devices, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, December 2017.
Robotic medical devices for cardio-vascular applications, IEEE UKIR RAS Conference, London, February 2018.
Advancements in Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – Data mining using soft robotic balloon catheters, Conference of the international Society for Medical Innovation and Technology, Turin, November 2017.
Haptics and Human-Machine Interaction, Digital Catapult, London, October 2017.
Challenges in developing robotic medical devices for cardio-vascular applications, IEEE UKIR RAS Open Day, October 2017.
Soft Haptics: Research at UCL Mech Eng, Opening of the International Research Centre for Advanced Robotics & Mechanism by the Chinese Academy of Science, King’s College London, June 2017.
Soft Robotics: Inherently soft – inherently safe, Keynote talk for Programme of Emphasis “Soft Material Robotic Systems”, German Research Foundation, Hanover, June 2017.
Sensing for Healthcare, ICRA 2017 workshop “The Robotic Sense of Touch: from Sensing to Understanding”, Singapore, May 2017.
Future Health: Soft Robotics for Surgery, Science: Disrupt London Session – Future Health, March 2017.
Soft Robotic Concepts for Haptics, States of Flux, Queen Mary University of London, December 2016.
Medical Devices emerging from Soft Robotics, Royal College of Art, November 2016.
Medical devices emerging from soft materials, EPSRC funded Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration SPHERE, University of Bristol, UK, November 2016.
Combining soft robotics and haptics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China, July 2016.
Building an academic career, Postdoc Opportunity, Collaboration and Research Network for UCL’s Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, London, UK, July 2016.
Soft, stiffness-controllable manipulators for MIS based on antagonistic actuation “Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Special Interest Group of Innovate UK Network: Robotics in Surgery” London, UK, March 2015.
Snake-like robotic systems “International Society for Medical Innovation and Technology – Session: NOTES” Baden-Baden, Germany, 2013.
Judge for the Soft Material Robot Challenge, ICRA 2017, Singapore, May 2017.
Robots Takeover, Science Museum Lates, Science Museum London, 31 May 2017.
TechXLR8, London Tech Week’s Expo, 12-16 June 2017.
Launch event of the “Engineer Your Future” gallery at the Science Museum London, 2014.
Expert views on IMechE news article “3D-printed soft robot muscles ‘three times stronger than natural tissue’”
IMechE news article “Robotic ‘octopus’ arm could be used for keyhole surgery”
BBC World Service, Impact
UCL Grand Challenges news, “UCL engineers and medical scientists combine to develop haptic feedback for prosthetic hands”
Expert views on IMechE news article “How to control your soft robot”
FOCUS Gesundheit, Edition: October 2016.
theguardian Science Weekly podcast, 2016.
Interview by the Discovery Magazine, American science magazine, 2015.
Encyclo and RMC Discovery channel, French TV channels: Tomorrow’s World (52-minute documentary), 2015.
Program Chair and Member of the Scientific Committee, International Conference on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots (ReMAR), 2018, 2015.
Member of the Organizing Committee, Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
Organiser, IROS Workshop on Shape Changing Robotic Structures and Interfaces, 2018.
Organiser, ICRA Workshop on Innovative Haptic Interfaces emerging from Soft Robotics, 2017.
Organiser, European Robotics Forum Workshops on Haptics in Healthcare, 2017.
Organiser, Royal Academy of Engineering event on Innovation in Haptics, 2017.
Member of the Local Organising and Program Committee, International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and Support Technologies for Mobile Machines (CLAWAR), 2016.
Technical Editor, Eurohaptics conference, 2016.
Organiser, CLAWAR Workshop on Collaborative Robots for Industrial Applications, 2016.
Organiser, ICAPS Workshop on Planning, Scheduling and Dependability in Safe Human-Robot Interactions (SafePlan), 2016.
Organiser, Innovative Surgical Robotics Forum for 4 EU FP7 projects, 2015.
Organiser, IROS Workshop on Safety for Human Robot Interaction in Industrial Settings, euRobotics Topic List – Industrial Robotics event, 2015.
Member of the Organizing Committee, ICRA Workshop on Soft and stiffness-controllable robots for MIS, Soft Robotics TC event, 2014.
Executive Chair, International Conference on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots (ReMAR), 2012, 2009.
Research funding programmes:
- NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) Programme
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems
- Mechanism and Machine Theory
- Frontiers in Robotics and AI
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC),
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO)
- IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM 2016)
- IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob)
- ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC)
- International Conference on Robotics and Automation for Humanitarian Applications (RAHA)
- Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics
- Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery (CRAS)