Soft Haptics: Research at UCL Mech Eng, Opening of the International Research Centre for Advanced Robotics & Mechanism by the Chinese Academy of Science, King’s College London, June 2017.
Soft Robotics: Inherently soft – inherently safe, Keynote talk for Programme of Emphasis “Soft Material Robotic Systems”, German Research Foundation, Hanover, June 2017.
Sensing for Healthcare, ICRA 2017 workshop “The Robotic Sense of Touch: from Sensing to Understanding”, Singapore, May 2017.
Future Health: Soft Robotics for Surgery, Science: Disrupt London Session – Future Health, March 2017.
Soft Robotic Concepts for Haptics, States of Flux, Queen Mary University of London, December 2016.
Medical Devices emerging from Soft Robotics, Royal College of Art, November 2016.
Medical devices emerging from soft materials, EPSRC funded Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration SPHERE, University of Bristol, UK, November 2016.
Combining soft robotics and haptics, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China, July 2016.
Building an academic career, Postdoc Opportunity, Collaboration and Research Network for UCL’s Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, London, UK, July 2016.
Soft, stiffness-controllable manipulators for MIS based on antagonistic actuation “Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Special Interest Group of Innovate UK Network: Robotics in Surgery” London, UK, March 2015.
Snake-like robotic systems “International Society for Medical Innovation and Technology – Session: NOTES” Baden-Baden, Germany, 2013.
Judge for the Soft Material Robot Challenge, ICRA 2017, Singapore, May 2017.
Robots Takeover, Science Museum Lates, Science Museum London, 31 May 2017.
TechXLR8, London Tech Week’s Expo, 12-16 June 2017.
Launch event of the “Engineer Your Future” gallery at the Science Museum London, 2014.
Expert views on IMechE news article “3D-printed soft robot muscles ‘three times stronger than natural tissue’”
IMechE news article “Robotic ‘octopus’ arm could be used for keyhole surgery”
BBC World Service, Impact
UCL Grand Challenges news, “UCL engineers and medical scientists combine to develop haptic feedback for prosthetic hands”
Expert views on IMechE news article “How to control your soft robot”
FOCUS Gesundheit, Edition: October 2016.
theguardian Science Weekly podcast, 2016.
Interview by the Discovery Magazine, American science magazine, 2015.
Encyclo and RMC Discovery channel, French TV channels: Tomorrow’s World (52-minute documentary), 2015.
Eurohaptics conference 2016.
Member of the Program/Organizing Committee
International Conference on Climbing and Walking Robots and Support Technologies for Mobile Machines (CLAWAR 2016), 2016.
Collaborative Robots for Industrial Applications, CLAWAR 2016
Planning, Scheduling and Dependability in Safe Human-Robot Interactions (SafePlan), ICAPS 2016
Organisation of the 2015 Innovative Surgical Robotics Forum:
Member of the Organizing Committee
ICIRA Session on stiffening mechanisms and stiffness-controllability of soft robots, 2015.
Member of the Organizing Committee
IROS Workshop on Safety for Human Robot Interaction in Industrial Settings, euRobotics Topic List – Industrial Robotics event, 2015.
Member of the Organizing Committee, ASME/IFToMM International Conference on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots, 2009, 2012, 2015.
Member of the Organizing Committee, Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery, 2014, 2015, 2016.
Member of the Organizing Committee, ICRA Workshop on Soft and stiffness-controllable robots for MIS, Soft Robotics TC event, 2014.
Programme Co-Chairs, ASME/IEEE International Conference on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots, 2012.
Research funding programmes:
- NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) Programme
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems
- Mechanism and Machine Theory
- Frontiers in Robotics and AI
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC),
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO)
- IEEE International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM 2016)
- IEEE RAS/EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob)
- ASME International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC)
- International Conference on Robotics and Automation for Humanitarian Applications (RAHA)
- Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics
- Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery (CRAS)